I’ve been doing a lot of planning and a lot of brainstorming for things that I can do on this blog, things that I can do this year and things that I can do in the future. I have ended up with a long list things and I can’t wait to share them all with you!
But I won’t bore you with a long list of unfinished ideas just yet, so today I just wanted to chat about a few things that have been happening, and what I have been thinking about.
1. YouTube: YouTube is a site that I spend a lot of time on. I’m not going to lie! I use it to listen to music, find DIY projects, get inspiration for cocktail and beauty videos and I also use it to relax. YouTube has become a lot more than just a place to watch quick or funny videos, it has become a community. There are people who have made YouTube their job, and these YouTubers have created an incredible community where you can learn from them, empathise with them and for many people it provides an escape from life. Not in a bad way, but in a way that provides many people with that little break from reality that they need when life gets too much. Most videos are less than 10 mins long and so they don’t have to take up too much of your time, but they can really mean a lot to many people. What are your thoughts on me starting a YouTube channel for this blog?
2. Art: I love art, which I’ve spoken about before, but I haven’t been giving myself enough time or motivation to do art as much as I used to and it really annoys me. I used to paint and draw, and even just doodle all the time, and I haven’t had that inspiration lately, so I am going to try and motivate myself to draw more.
3. Movies: I saw Maleficent the other day and it was incredible! The attention to detail was incredible and the art was amazing. I was worried that storyline was going to be a little shaky or strange, but it was actually extremely well done – definitely well worth the watch. I also saw The Grand Budapest Hotel last week and it was absolutely incredible! I love movies that are interesting and mess with your head a little – and I adored this one. Also, the costumes and art direction are amazing!
4. This impulsive smoothie I made this morning. I was cutting up strawberries to put on my cereal and then I realised that we also had bananas, and decided to make a smoothie for breakfast instead! It was delicious.
5. Green Tea: I used to drink green tea all day every day, but I fell out of the habit of doing so for some reason. But now I’ve gotten back into drinking it again and I am loving it so much. Green tea is such an awesome drink – it has loads of antioxidants, improves brain function, increases metabolism, lowers your risk of diseases like Alzheimer’s, cancer and diabetes and also it tastes amazing. So it’s kind of a win win win.
What have you been up to lately?